Friday, January 11, 2008

In the Beginning

Welcome...

The purpose of this blog is two fold. First, to serve as an interactive, dynamic, and unfolding record of my project on litblogs. Here, I hope to post both my discoveries and thoughts on litblogging as they progress and change through my investigations. Secondly, this blog is an opportunity for me to directly engage in the very phenomenon that I am studying. Thus I hope to intersperse my research posts with more general posts on books, reviewing, and criticism. 


As my academic interests have thus far tended toward the ancient, old, and dead -  ranging from the Classics, to the Renaissance, to Modernism - this foray into contemporary culture is a new experience and challenge for me. Therefore, posts, responses, and guidance are encouraged and appreciated. 

I'm excited to begin!

No comments: